because I could seriously use some fairies about now…
I thought while I was waiting for the fairies to show up I would come on here and tell you about my to do list. I promise that it will make your day at least 2% more interesting.
1. we are on a quest towards minimalism. it is freakishly harder to get there than I wish it was. as in, time consuming! I wanted to make a “30 days to” but I don’t want it to take that long!!! it is, however, sort of inevitable I think. the sleeping room probably has another day of optimization left. and meanwhile, we live in quite non-optimal surroundings… (we haven’t yet even started on the other 4 rooms)
2. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to organize, sort, delete, systemize all of our files, pictures, videos…………………………….. because we really can’t keep just buying another external hard drive every time we run out of room. and I’m battling all of my drives trying to be in the red zone right now. UUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
3. I need to track down whatever happened to the picture scanner we bought while in Costa Rica. it wasn’t here when we arrived. soooooo where is it? do YOU have it?!
4. we have various client projects to follow up on. nothing horribly urgent, thank goodness, but all there in my head adding weight. and oh yeah, have to set up two in-person meetings. those always take more time…!
5. we really need to finish our Kaleidoscope site makeover because the portfolio section which already needed to be updated lost all but one picture for each project in the transfer. #headache
6. we need to finish sorting out the details of our self-service sites for Kaleidoscope (Premium Webspots)
7. we need to keep working on our Beauty of One site because it’s currently too confusing and etc. etc. I need to go through all the work that Krista has started and refine it and put it up on the site.
7.a I have a TON of pictures/textures/etc. that need to be sorted and uploaded for stock photography, etc. hopefully develop a little side income there…
8. I need to order new sets of BlankCanvas cards. but I hate ordering, so maybe I could bribe Krista into doing that for me… hmmm.
9. I need to order t-shirts.
10. I need to know where the money is going to come from for above said ordering.
11. speaking of money, we ended up having to get an extension for our taxes because things were just too crazy right around the time that we had procrastinated up until and so yeah, we still have to do those. #timesimnotsureifdeathwouldntbeabetteroption
12. I need to update our Beauty of One social media
13. I need to do at least 10 things for the project related to the trip we are hoping to go on this summer. I need to blog about that also. because I hate when people are vague as much as you probably do.
I need to make a very last minute flyer for our church’s youth pastor woohoo! did that in a half an hour
15. I need to make more IRLO Mashup updates and schedule at least 3 more introduction posts = time consuming.
16. I need to figure out what we are having for supper because we need to go grocery shopping. I don’t remotely want to go anywhere today.
17. there is yard work that is being completely ignored. because we can only do so much.
18. there are about 15 things on my church secretary to do list.
19. I want to make a bunch of updates on THIS site.
20. I really want to be the kind of friend who celebrates people on their birthday and checks in with people during the week and all of that. but I can’t right now and it kills me! I recently missed even wishing my friend, Althea, a happy birthday, and that makes me sad. it wasn’t that I didn’t think of her around her birthday, it was just that things happened.
21. obviously there are lots of things we should be doing with our kids. Maeve needs to learn to read better. you know, simple, basic things that are kind of important for success in life.
well. that is a small picture of why I am feeling stressed out today. there are easily 10 more things that I want to do and lots of ways the above things could be broken down into lots of little things. everything just takes so. much. longer. thank it should take!
YES we want to simplify our lives, but getting to the simple is an annoyingly long process! and of course there’s always that whole money factor in there. can’t forget that.
having a huge to do list is just rather paralyzing. I regularly pray that if the work we are doing is not in line with what God has for us that he would show us and direct us in the right way. I feel like he is doing that, but it is scary and we have no idea what it ultimately looks like, so we just keep bumbling along one day at a time. sometimes I think he lets us get pushed to the breaking point so that we will be ready for the next thing that he has for us. we’re there, God, we’re there!
I just want to do this again!