Some of these are affiliates, which means we get a small commission at no cost to you, but we only recommend things we believe in and use ourselves. Thanks for your support!
WP Engine – As you know, if a site’s not loading quickly you’re losing people. Once we started getting a decent amount of traffic we needed to upgrade to a bigger hosting plan, and we went with WP Engine because of the way they structure their plans and fees for overages. We’ve been incredibly happy with that choice!
StudioPress – These are the themes many people swear by because they’re gorgeous, really well-made, and easy to use. We have been really happy with them ourselves, but now we’re all about Thrive (below).
Thrive Themes – These themes and plugins are built for optimal conversion, and made for people who don’t want to mess with code to simply drag and drop to their heart’s content! Amazingly customizeable, user-friendly, and a dream for formatting your blog posts to look great – basically what I’ve been looking for, for y.e.a.r.s.
Skyrocket Blog Pageviews with Google Analytics – Google analytics has an insane amount of information that you could be using to really optimize your site and increase reader engagement. The only problem is, it’s super hard to know what to do with it all! This guide gives you 30 practical, bite-sized tasks that help you understand what you’re looking for and really work. It’s not the prettiest design, but it’s oh-so-worth digging into!
Long Tail Pro – Find better keywords to target so you can make more money on your ads!
SemRush – This is a powerhouse of information on keywords and your competition, and it’s free for limited use!
Here are some affiliate programs worth looking into – for some of them you don’t even need to have a site, you can just share via your favorite social media!
1. Of course Amazon is our number one all-time favorite affiliate relationship because they have almost anything you could ever want or need and we use them CONSTANTLY! They just continue to add more programs and services, with no signs of stopping. (To our understanding, you do need to have a site to promote Amazon products, but you can also create your own Amazon store instead.)
If you’re ready to really make the most of Amazon on your site, you need Amasuite. It’s an upfront investment, but it’s already paid for itself many times over. Basically, it makes adding products and links to pages on your site a million times faster and look much nicer with previews and everything. Plus it keeps tracking your referral for 90 days as opposed to the usual 30!
2. Our other favorite affiliate is MyGreenFills because they’re an absolutely wonderful product! They don’t currently have an open affiliate program, but if you’re interested in promoting healthy, non-toxic solutions, I can probably hook you up 😉 Just contact me for more info.
3. Ultimate Bundles are such an amazing value they practically sell themselves! They do take more work to promote since they change often, so there’s no set it and forget it option, but your potential payout is great. Another great option with this is to sell your own products through the bundles!
4. Ebates is a must, whether you’re trying to make money online or not because you get cashback for stuff you already buy! You can just add it to your browser and it will notify you if a site you’re on is eligible for cashback, which I love because I always forget to check about stuff like that.
5. We’ve loved Swagbucks for so long and gotten sooo many Amazon giftcards through them! The best part is that you don’t even have to try to get your friends to sign up in order to earn – you just use them for something you’re already doing daily – surfing the internet.
Conquer clutter. Crush chaos. Create clarity. Change the culture.