I don’t know about you, but we weren’t sure what to think when all the coronavirus stuff started happening.
What’s real? What’s hype? What’s politicized? What do you listen to? Who can you believe???
One thing that’s definitely not a question is that FEAR wants to be in the driver seat!
Allllll sides are finding things to be afraid of, whether it’s the virus itself, other people, government control and losing freedoms, end times… it would certainly appear that the majority are up in arms about SOMEthing.
We can influence a lot, but there’s only so much we can control, and the most important of all is our mindset/beliefs/outlook.
Stress is the #1 killer of the immune system, so tuning in to those fear channels is definitely not doing us any favors.
Depending on what you’re reading/watching/listening to, you could feel totally safe from the virus but afraid of the “higher-ups” plotting to kill you off to save the planet. Switching inputs, an hour later you could be vowing not to leave your home until this all blows over because dying on a ventilator seems way too likely.
Instead, why not make the most of one of the things you can control and boost your immune system?
Here are some great and practical ways for how to boost your immune system naturally.
Our naturopath did a video with a bunch of great tips back in March, before we got connected. I only ran across it a few weeks ago when a friend tested positive for COVID-19 and I was looking for ways to help the family. It’s a treasure-trove of information, which I’ve condensed for you here.
Things to remember:
👉 70-80% of your immune system is in your gut! How crazy is it that your gut sends more signals to your brain than your brain sends to the rest of your body?! Having a healthy gut is your strongest defense.
👉 Your body produces immunity-building cells during sleep. Make good sleep a priority. (She has things she recommends if you have trouble sleeping.)
👉 When you’re fighting something, your body is burning through nutrients really fast, kinda like a fire that you need to keep putting wood on. In other words, you need to be replenishing those nutrients much more than normal.
The body is designed to raise the fever to the level of whatever it is that it’s fighting.Dr. Jess
(Jess is great with analogies 🙂 ) A fever is like your garbage man, coming to burn up and kill off anything that’s not supposed to be there. Getting rid of the fever artificially is like if you shoot your garbage man before he has a chance to take out your garbage. Every time you knock down a fever the body has to fight harder, which usually means it has to fight longer.
What she uses rather than Tylenol or something is a mix of elderberry, elderflower, and peppermint, which helps the body to self-regulate better.
She also recommends putting feet in a bucket of cool water with a cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar) and putting rags of ACV on the forehead and back of neck. Cooling the lower extremities pulls fever from the head.
Things to eat:
“You can’t out-pill a poor diet.”-Dr. Jess
Viruses and bacteria accelerate and feed on sugar.
😱 The average American diet translates to a 3/4 POUND of sugar DAILY because of the things we consume that convert to sugar, like cereals, breads, pastas, etc.
It’s easy to turn to these kinds of things because they’re easy and keep longer. However, bags of frozen fruit and veggies also keep well and are pretty easy to use.
🏆 What our naturopath practically swears by, though, is the health and healing benefits of bone broth! She has a great way of eating she recommends for resetting your gut.
Bone broth has collagen, gelatin, and amino acids, which help to restore the gut lining and tell the immune system to produce B-cells, T-cells, and macrophages, which go through the body to eat up the junk working against us.
You can make your own, which I’m sure is the best, but I haven’t brought myself to start doing that. I also haven’t been able to stomach the stuff we’ve tried from stores so far, so what Dr. Jess recommended as a substitution is Dr. Axe’s Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Powder, which is much more doable for me. This is the one I have.
Things to have on hand:
- Sovereign Silver (Our naturopath actually has a silver generator that she uses to make gallons of silver very cheaply. There are multiple uses, one of which is as a disinfectant spray.)
- oregano oil, thieves oil, lemon oil
- Vitamin C (She suggests looking for one that includes rosehips, hesperidin, and quercetin. Here is one that does.)
- boiron arsenicum album – was being used with good success in India
- elderberry/flower – elderberry boosts the immune system and including elderflower helps with fevers
- fermented cod liver oil – great source of vitamins A, D, and E (Green Pastures has flavors kids like.)
- fire juice (Kills off pretty much anything! See recipe below.)
Fire Juice (AKA Fire Cider)
- a bag of raw garlic
- 5 or 6 onions
- a big root of ginger
- a big root of horseradish
- cayenne peppers
- ACV (preserves it)
- raw honey (optional)
Those are the base ingredients, though you can add other things like:
- black peppercorn
- other kinds of hot peppers
Prepare the ingredients (I’ve heard of grated, chopped, coined, possibly even blended), put everything in a gallon glass jar, and fill it up with apple cider vinegar.
Good things to use daily to keep your gut and immune system healthy:
- vitamin D drops (Someone else on the video uses Genestra, and at a much higher dosage than what is usually recommended – you can work with a naturopath to determine that for yourself.)
- coconut oil – one of the best antiviral/antibacterial/antifungals all in one
- ProBio 5 – puts more good soldiers into your artillery and helps your whole immunity army stay stronger
- Bio Cleanse – helps to keep things moving and flush out the bad stuff. It also contains oxygenated vitamin C.
- Ease – a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps to weaken the enemy (viruses and bacteria) by dissolving the biofilm that often protects them from the immune system
Last, but certainly not least:
We feel so blessed to be able to work on optimizing our health this year and not feel overwhelmed because we have such a great health resource, and I’m excited to be able to pass on the wins to you! One, in the form of relaying information I’m learning, and two, I can introduce you to our naturopath if you or someone you know has issues you’d like to work on or if you’d like to develop your own personal protocol for optimal health 🌿
She’s also doing some live health Q&As, which are amazing! If you want to submit any questions or attend, comment or message me for the details.