Are you tired of the usual after-Christmas clutter? Maybe there’s someone on your list who is notoriously difficult to buy for. Maybe you just want to switch things up this year with more interesting gifts!
Whatever the case, you’re bound to find a solution amidst these excellent experience gifts ideas!
- Lynda – give them the choice to learn design, developer + web, photography, business, animation, video, audio + music, as they wish with an unlimited subscription.
- Skillshare – another multi-subject subscription, that includes business, culinary, design, DIY, film, music, photography, technology, writing, and more.
- Craftsy – for the creative or creative wanna-be on your list, give them one class or several such as sewing, quilting & embroidery, cake decorating & cooking, yarn & fiber arts, photography, drawing & painting, woodworking, gardening, jewelry, paper crafts, and more!
- Chefs Club – this is “a monthly level-building video-guided virtual program that progressively builds on and expands a child’s skill and confidence in the kitchen.”
- Learn a language – My Foreign Language Tutor, Verbal Planet, lingq, My Personal Language Tutor, and Transparent Language are some options.
- Local Classes – Groupon is a great way to find available fitness, dance, photography, etc. classes at a discount, especially if you are gifting to someone who lives in a different state.
Season Pass or Membership:
Your options may vary based on your location, but most of these will work wherever you are – a gift that keeps on giving!
- amusement park
- community club
- sports team
- city pass
- gym (you should probably be sure this won’t be taken badly 😉 )
There are many local experiences that would make a wonderful night out and great memories, but how often do you really get around to doing any of them?
- comedy club
- other local event
Groupon is always a good place to check for ideas and deals on these types of things available where you are!
- trampoline park
- laser tag
- roller skating
- ice skating
- rock climbing
- mini golf
- go karting
- hot air balloon ride
- bungee jumping
- vacation – ditch the presents altogether and go somewhere together
- hotel or B&B stay – a great idea as a spouse gift, or from grandparents along with baby-sitting ;), or even as a treat for a child if you let them bring a friend
- professional photo shoot –
- train trip – our kids always beg to take a trip on a train, it’s an adventure many people haven’t had yet
- camping (or RV rental)
- airline miles – you may even have some you can transfer
- Vayable – guided tours and more!
Making new memories is wonderful, but you might also consider honoring ones you’ve already made, or making it easier for them to record theirs throughout the year.
- video – put memories together in a beautiful way they can cherish
- scrapbook – digitally printed or handmade
- software – make it easier for your loved one to create something special with their memories through services like Animoto and Adobe CC
- equipment – give them what they need to better capture and relive their moments with a nicer camera or video camera