Guys, I poke around in work from home online money-making ideas all the time because I’m always curious what actually works so I can share it with you and help you gain a little more freedom. (We’d never mind more side income ourselves, either!)
Legitimate work from home jobs are certainly out there more and more, but many things are too impractical or just an out-right scam. Very little of what I’ve looked into ever actually makes it on the site.
Other than general affiliate stuff, this is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that we’ve bothered sharing as a worthwhile way for anyone to make some extra cash (we’ve made hundreds with it).
But now I have something else to share that I’ve been testing out for a bit and am very intrigued by.
This one is different for a few reasons:
- it does take work/time to build
- but it’s fun! (like, an excuse to do something you already enjoy doing and call it work 🙂 )
- you don’t need a website, blog, or lots of followers
- you don’t have to be all “sales-y”
- you can do it in between other stuff and even on your phone
- all ages are doing this
- it actually has the potential to be a full time income (thousands of dollars a month)
I know, it totally sounds like one of those long-shots, but I started seeing results in the first week of trying it.
What is it? How to make money on Pinterest! (yes, for real)
Ok, obviously there is some strategy and extra information you need to make this work.
Here are the basic points:
- know your audience (pin the right products)
- be consistent
- make custom pins
- pin stuff that pays per click
- use the right tools (I’m getting the hang of this – there are some really great things to make it so much easier!)
- don’t give up (get connected with the community for tips and encouragement)
- level up by pinning stuff that pays bigger commissions once you’ve gotten the hang of it
The cool thing is that everything you really need to know is explained in free courses from Organize Your Biz – nothing to lose by checking them out to see if it sounds like something you would enjoy working on 🙂
- How to Create Substantial Income on Pinterest
- Questions Everyone Asks about Making Money on Pinterest
- Join the Facebook Group (ask questions and see firsthand any frustrations and successes people are having)
However, I’ve seen enough to know that it really does work and has compounding effects, and definitely plan to keep going with it! (Once you hit the $100 threshold things tend to take off much quicker from there – many people are doing that in the first 2 months, you just really need to follow the strategy properly.)
I’ve purchased several of the paid courses also, so if you go through the free stuff and feel like you want to get further faster, feel free to ask me which ones I recommend. (I signed up as an affiliate since I feel like it’s a system worth sharing, so I’ll make a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
My hope is to get this built up to a good place and turn it over to our tweenage daughter to run within the next couple years.
I’m excited to keep working on this, as well as connect with any of you who are interested in a legitimate way of making money online – I’m asking questions and giving feedback over on the Facebook group myself, so join us and see what people are saying 🙂